What comes to your mind when you hear the word “cake”? I know what does, lots of sugar and flour but also a great taste to die for! Of course you may know lots of cake recipes and you can create your own healthy version by changing the ingredients.
I’ve been thinking to do it with my ordinary cake recipe and I did. I used banana and dates as sweeteners, ground almond and coconut flour as flour alternatives. That’s all and now I present this wonderful sugar-free and flourless Cocoa Cake proudly!
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
2 ripe bananas
2 tbs coconut flour
1 tbs almond flour
3 tbs cocoa
3 tbs milk
2 tbs coconut oil
3 tbs desiccated coconut
- First of all, you need to get a date paste. Put the dates in a bowl with very hot water and let them sit for 1 hour. After 1 h, put all the dates into a food processor, and add 2 tbs of water they were soaking in. And then your date paste is ready!
- Preheat your oven to 150 C.
- Smash the ripe bananas, using a fork or food processor.
- Separate eggs’ white and yellows, and beat the egg white until stiff.
- Melt the coconut oil
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs’ yellows, date paste, coconut flour, almond flour, cocoa, milk, coconut oil, mash banana, vanilla and baking powder.
- The last step must be adding the eggs’ white stiff by using a spatula.
- Put the strawberries as topping.
- Bake in the oven for 50 mins to 1 h.
- Leave to cool for 20-30 mins.
After a sprinkle of coconut as topping, bon appetit!
Important Note: Please use a spatula to add and mix the eggs’ white. This is very important to have a soft and fluffy cake.
I love coconut! If you don’t, you can use olive oil and you can use cocoa or dark chocolate pieces as topping instead of desiccated coconut or you can skip the topping. And of course other fruits can be great with this cake.
I think it’s a good idea to bake this cake, inviting friends over for tea, filling home with as much as peace… <3
Hope you like it!