If you’re like me and often crave sweet snacks, I have a great recipe for you: Oat cookies! You know, the only solution to get rid of sugar addiction is to create alternatives. Sweet treats come in many forms, they’re not only chocolate croissants or brownie. I was a slave to sugar before and this kind of recipes help me right now.
These sugar-free cookies are perfect for an on the go breakfast or snack. Banana, egg and oat porridge are the main ingredients for this recipe. I used cocoa and coconut this time but you can use whatever fruits are in season, or dried fruits with cinnamon. Coconut oil is completely optional, I love its smell in the cookies and cakes.
Ingredients (for 6-8 cookies)
4 ripe bananas
14-15 table spoon porridge oats
1.5 table spoon cocoa
1 table spoon desiccated coconut
2 tea spoon coconut oil
Flake almond for topping
- Preheat your oven to 150 C.
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine the ingredients one at a time in the order listed above.
- Put your dough onto a baking tray and shape it with a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 25 – 35 mins (please see the important note below)
- Leave to cool for 10 mins before and remove from tray.
Important Note: Your dough must be sticky. If it’s a bit hard, the baking period can be shorter, like 10-15 mins. Be careful and check your cookies in the oven.
Hope you love this recipe as much as I do! If you try this recipe please do let me know what you think.